We all volunteer, which is what makes the Gold Coast Wildcats an amazing basketball club. It takes a lot of work to keep the club successful and we want to thank everyone who donates their time.
Do you want to get involved? There are so many ways….
- All of our Coaches are volunteers and we are always looking for more parents to put their hands up and coach. You don’t need a basketball background, just be someone who is looking to help lead the team, learn from our experts and ensure that players have someone to guide them.
- All teams need a Team Manager who keeps everyone organised– this involves sharing information about the season, helping to roster score bench and generally just helping out the coach when they need it.
- The Gold Coast Wildcats Basketball Club Committee is elected at our Annual General Meeting every year. Roles are President, Secretary, Treasurer.
- General committee members roles can help with anything that we need to do including uniforms, presentations, court bookings, handling enquiries, creating social media content, photography, and the list goes on and on and on.
- Player looking to coach? We need assistant coaches to help support our team coaches. So if you’re a current player who is keen to step up and take on an assistant coaching role in addition to playing club, let us know and we will match you up with one of our more experienced coaches. Volunteering as an assistant coach will allow you to learn the basics of coaching in a safe and supported environment getting you ready to coach your own team in future seasons.
If you have a special skill you want to offer us, email firstname.lastname@example.org – we would love to hear from you.